This has been a favorite of mine for YEARS, back when I lived in Los Angeles. This chopped salad is SO GOOD – OMG!
After moving to Houston in 2003 I’d given up on ever experiencing the delight of CPK chopped salad again. Until one day Google gave me the recipe!
There it was. A series of simple steps and at the end awaits the salad dressing of life! No, seriously. It’s that good. Just follow the directions to the letter.
I’ve been making this salad since 2004 and it doesn’t disappoint. The triplets are very picky about what they eat and it’s rare for all 3 to agree. They all love chopped salad!
Every time I eat at CPK, I have to have this salad! I love the tangy dressing, the fresh basil, the crispness of the ingredients. My husband got their cookbook for Christmas one year and I enjoy making it at home occasionally too!
- 1teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2teaspoons shallots, minced
- 2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2teaspoons dried oregano
- 2teaspoons dried parsley
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄3cups olive oil, mild flavored
- 3tablespoonsparmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2head iceberg lettuce, chopped into 1/8 inch wide strips
- 1⁄2head romaine lettuce, chopped into 1/8 inch wide strips
- 12leaves basil, chopped into fine strips
- 3cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1cup garbanzo beans
- 4cups tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3cups turkey breast, diced
- 1⁄2cup salami, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- For salad, toss together the ingredients in a large bowl and chill in your refrigerator.
- For dressing, whisk together ingredients in a small bowl and chill for an hour.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with salad and serve on small individual plates.
- Can serve 4 for a main dish or 8 for small side salads.